Custom Carved Plates versus Custom Carved Boxes
Custom carved plates to commemorate a special occasion or simply add elegance to the décor of a room (in the case of a decorative plate) are a consideration often overlooked or simply not initially envisioned due to the relative rarity of their creation.
- A plate has some distinct advantages that a box does not enjoy. While a box has the ability to house treasured objects, it is usually of such a personal nature that it is normally displayed in one's private living spaces where its contents are not subject to the scrutiny of people other than the owner.
- The custom or decorative plate on the other hand is generally displayed in a location of prominence in the home or office with the specific intention that it serve as a focal point and is enjoyed by all occupants and visitors.
- The custom plate has the advantage of multiple display possibilities. For example, it can lay flat on a piece of furniture, be placed upon a shelf or piece of furniture on a plate stand or easel, or mounted directly on a wall. The display height of the plate is also not limited, whereas a box is generally relegated to the lower portions of a room to enable access to its contents.
- Lastly, while the carving complexity and design intricacy of the custom plate is certainly on a par with the custom box, the plate is considerably less expensive than a custom box since it is less complex to construct and only one carved surface requires attention.
- The plate can proudly mark a milestone in someone's life, proclaim an inspirational thought or quote dear to someone's heart, or accent the décor of a room in a manner not attainable by most other means.
- Plate motifs range from unique custom designs developed to mark a specific event or enhance an inspirational quote to historic designs created to accent or blend in with a room setting.